I didn’t think I had accomplished much over the winter. But looking back, slow progress over a few months can still add up to a decent amount getting done. I guess the moral of the story is to get out there and work on whatever your project is when you can. Slow work beats no
Not a lot has happened in the last month. At least not a lot with the Jeep, but if other projects count I’ve been busy. I did get the Jeep logo welded in on the passenger side panel, and some more of the seam sealer on the wheel tubs.
Since I used the cheaper non-licensed by Chrysler side panels, they did not have the word Jeep embossed in them. They were cheap. I got a good deal. I couldn’t pass it up. I saved hundreds. Free shipping even. But alas, if it’s a steel bodied Jeep it needs to have Jeep stamped in the
Now I’m mainly working on the floorpan. Filling the seams where the replacement panels meet up with the transmission tunnel, seam sealing everything, and a coat of primer. There was also a weird hole in the cowl that I think was from someone installing an antenna at some point. I cut a small patch to
This is just a small update for quite a bit of work. The tub is all welded together including the tailgate frame and wheel wells, and the body work phase has started. I’m still trying to pick a color, but I am thinking a lighter blue than the original “Navy Blue” color. The seats were
It’s been a month since I posted an update, but I have done quite a bit. It’s summer and I haven’t spent as much time in the garage as I did earlier in the year when it wasn’t so hot. But I’m making slow progress. First, about the website. I rehosted the site on Amazon
I feel like I’ve been slacking, both in my blog updates and my actual work on the Jeep. For the work slowing down, my excuse is that it has been 90+ degrees just about every day lately and working outside sucks. For the updates, I’ll try to catch up now. Parts – I think I
I’ve spent some time over the last couple weeks searching for frame measurements that I could use to make sure the tub will line up with all of the mounts once I get it reassembled. My plan was to build a wood stand with bolts sticking up for all of the body mounts at the